POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Define camera angle from a given right : Re: Define camera angle from a given right Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Define camera angle from a given right
From: gregjohn
Date: 3 Mar 2009 22:30:00
Message: <web.49adf5ab78557ac434d207310@news.povray.org>
> gregjohn wrote:
>
> > I want complete control of the screen. For example, I want to be able to place a
> > sphere at the corner of the generated image, no matter what the pixel size or
> > ratio of the image, no matter the angle (however it's defined).
>
> Would screen.inc be adequate for your purpose?

Thanks for the reminder, but I think I need to have more control of the entire
screen, not just an ability to have one object placed in front of the camera
for me.

Applications:
i) I want to make a plotting macro.
ii) Crowd scenes.  I think John vanSickle once mentioned making huge crowd
scenes where you only place objects in the scene in places the camera is
looking.

Forevermore, I'm going to start of my scenes with:

#declare iwih=image_width/image_height;
#declare camang=45 // or whatever
#declare azee=0.5*iwih/tan(camang/2*pi/180);
camera {
  direction z*azee
  up y
  right     x*image_width/image_height
 }

box{
<-iwih/2+0.01,-1/2+0.01,0>,<iwih/2-0.01,1/2-0.01,0.001>
 translate z*azee     pigment{Red+Green/4} finish{ambient .1}}